Parallel Time - The Unofficial Donnie Iris SiteDAWNIE talk
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Donnie's 75th Birthday CONTINUES w/ Feb. 10 ENCORE SHOW
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:23 pm 
Yinzer

By popular demand, Donnie and the band will be performing for a SECOND concert at the PALACE THEATER in Greensburg, PA, on Saturday, Feburary 10th.

The amazing thing about THIS show is that they will be performing the entire KING COOL album, start-to-finish, at the concert -- most likely the FIRST AND ONLY TIME this has ever been done by them!!! For long-time fans, this is an opportunity to hear songs that haven't been played "LIVE" in decades, and in some cases, never, in a concert setting. (Personally, a wish come true for me!!)

http://www.thepalacetheatre.org/concert ... is-encore/

Tickets just went on sale to the public, 90 minutes ago -- Plenty of seats at ALL price points still available as of this writing. Tickets can be purchased though the theater web site, by phone, and possibly at the https://www.livenation.com web site (although, I'm having trouble getting that site to respond thru my Chrome browser --??--)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Donnie's 75th Birthday CONTINUES w/ Feb. 10 ENCORE SHOW
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:19 pm 
Somebody

I got my tickets yesterday. VERY excited to see and hear the band play "King Cool" from start to finish. I've hoped that the band would delve deeper into their catalog for a LONG time, so when I saw this announcement I knew this was a show not to be missed. Besides "Sweet Merilee", "Love is Like a Rock", That's the Way Love Ought to Be" and "King Cool", I've only heard them play "My Girl" once, and that was back in 1983 on the "Fortune 410" tour. Though I knew they did "Broken Promises" way back when, I never saw that one live. I'm really looking forward to hearing "Pretender". There is a lot going on musically in that song, so it will be interesting to hear how they present it live. Same for "Color Me Blue" and "The Last to Know".

I'm just speculating a bit here, but if the band is spending time rehearsing before this show, maybe it will also be time they spend time working on new material as well?

As for the other "deep tracks" they mention, a couple on my wish list would be "She's So Wild", "I Wanna Tell Her", "Tell Me What You Want", and hell, maybe the holy grail--their own work up of "She Don't Know Me". ;) Hey, a guy can dream, right? :D

And he must put on a show

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:13 pm 
Site Admin

Will be a very interesting show. They often work on "new" material when Kevin is in town so it wouldn't surprise me if they do this time also. And thankfully they are rehearsing the material. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:32 am 
Yinzer

Just checked the Palace site -- there are about 125 tickets left (out of 1350+/- seats), so this one's gonna be sold out, too, pretty soon!!

http://www.thepalacetheatre.org/concert ... is-encore/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:41 am 
Rapper

Parallel Time wrote:
Will be a very interesting show. They often work on "new" material when Kevin is in town so it wouldn't surprise me if they do this time also. And thankfully they are rehearsing the material. :lol:

:lol: I sure hope this is a good thing! Well, we'll find out for sure, I'm sure Donnie and Mark want a stellar performance for these shows, I just hope SOMEONE has some HD recording equipment going, hell, I would buy anything. Still waiting on that DVD from the CYO show!! :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:20 pm 
Somebody

The million dollar question is: Does this venue sell alcohol? :D

And he must put on a show